Frequently asked questions
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out to our customer support team
- Do you store data outside of Europe? Privacy
- No, we don't. At the moment our storage is located in Falkenstein, Germany.
- Do you share data, sell it, or use it for other purposes? Privacy
- No, we don't. Your data belongs to you now and forever.
- Do you store IP addresses? Privacy
- No, we don't. We proccess IP addresses ephemerally e.g. for geo lookups via our local maxmind database and to cluster sessions. This means that the data is only stored in memory, and is retained for no longer than necessary to service the request. There is no way to look up an IP address or link it to other information later.
- Are you linking data to create personality profiles? Privacy
- No, we don't. There is also no technical way to link data to a real person or track a person accross the internet. With lalalytics, you gain insight into the reach of your offer and receive data that you can use to further improve your offer. Simple as is. What you don't get is stuff like "most visited by women between 25 and 30 that also like travelling, meet friends and like food trends."
- How do you identify sessions? Privacy
- We take the IP address of the request, together with a token lasting one week and combine this into one unique text. This serves as a session identifier. What this means: Requests from the same IP address for two weeks would count as two sessions, not one. Requests from a shared IP address (household, university, company) would count as the same session. We don't want to identify *people*, we want to show trends.
- How is this different to Google Analytics? Features
- It's way simpler both in terms of features as well as impact when collecting data. We do not correlate the data in any way outside of your account, we do not sell (or serve) ads in any way. We simply wanted to check the interest of users on some of our webpages.
- How is this different to plausible.io? Features
- It's actually not that much. Please have a look at their offering. It might be suitable for you as well.
- How is this different to Matomo? Features
- We have been using Matomo for years in various projects and it was one of the reasons to start with lalalytics. It can do a lot, but it also has its pitfalls. We think that lalalytics is much easier to use, but of course we don't have all the features of Matomo.
- Do I need a credit card? Payment
If your company is located in Germany, you can pay by invoice. For our European customers, a credit card is currently required.
You can find more details about payment here.
- What is an Event? Payment
- An Event is an action performed by your user that causes a data point in time. We have default events such as a pageview if a visitor visits your service. Besides that you can also add custom events to track contact form submits or successful checkout.
- How do I know how much Events I need? Payment
- If you already know how much pageviews you have, you can simply say it’s one event per pageview plus another 10% for a couple of other data points and custom events. You can also just try and see how much data you receive. With our 30-day free trial version you’ll be safe anyway.
- What payment options do you support? Payment
- You can pay by credit card through our payment provider mollie. For companies, we also offer payment by invoice for annual billing.
- When will the billing take place? Payment
- After the free trial period, you will be billed once per month or once per year depending on your usage. For the annual billing we grant a 10% discount. Billing is usually done after the first month.
- What if I reach my limit? Payment
- Normally, we do not stop the service if you exceed your limit. As a rule, you will receive a notification with a corresponding note.